In an effort to educate our communities and advocate on behalf of GLBT youth and their families, AFCI provides speakers to address community groups and organizations. Our dedicated speakers are knowledgeable about the many issues related to our programs and the experiences of GLBT youth and their families.
Some topics that are addressed by our speakers include:
- General interest with regard to sexual orientation and gender identity
- Perspectives on the experiences of GLBT individuals
- Homophobia and Heterosexism
- Bullying of GLBT youth and ending bullying
- Influencing beliefs and attitudes
- Promoting tolerance
Other topics can be addressed with sufficient lead time to prepare and develop the materials.